6/06/2006

Maeve's Blog

I try to keep up to date with new developments and interesting websites that I feed to my colleagues at Central TAFE in Perth, Western Australia. By adding them to this blog I will be able to keep a record of sites of interest and hopefully get feedback from them and anyone else who may find something useful here.

The June edition of Internet Resources Newsletter is now available. It is always worth reading but some sites particularly caught my eye:

Scholarly, evaluated web sites now available in every ISI Web of Knowledge Crosssearch
http://scientific.thomson.com/news/newsletter/2006-03/8318097/
The Current Web Contents module provides access to over 5,000 editorially evaluated and carefully selected Web sites
From: KnowledgeLink Newsletter

In a link to Stephen's Web I found this article that will give me some good material for the educational session I am planning with Sylvie Huveneers:
blog.ac.uk: Guidelines or Tramlines - blogging safely towards digital literacy by Peter Ford, looking to arrive at the sort of guidelines which would give institutions the confidence to make a start with blogging. http://elgg.net/mberry/weblog/29878.html

Have you tried the new look Ask Jeeves - now simply Ask.com? This article from Search Engine Watch shows some of the features I haven't seen in other search engines:
Ask Binoculars Improving Search Results?

No comments: